Monday, August 9, 2010

Introducing...

My husband begins his journey in the military today. He will arrive at MCRD Parris Island at some point in the very near future to begin training to become a United States Marine. I couldn't be more proud of him. I am proud of him without doing this, but the fact that he worked so hard to get to this point and is accomplishing a goal he set nearly 9 months ago truly shows just how great of a man he is.

I am proud, but I am also terrified. Our second child was born 1 week ago. Our first child is 21 months old... and a handful. A fun handful, but a handful nonetheless.

I've read in multiple places that if the Marine Corps would have wanted a man to have a wife, they would have issued him one. Well, I was not issued, but I am here. This blog exists to help me organize my thoughts, blow off steam and keep those who are interested informed about what's going on in my life as my husband's wife. We are on this military journey together and I pray to God all of my husband's hard work (and my own) is paid off.


No comments:

Post a Comment